Commuting ease, reliable public transportation, waterfront living, spectacular brownstones, sexy luxury buildings, and gorgeous parks have been luring folks to Jersey City from far and wide. Not to mention the variety of amazing shops and restaurants. Much like Manhattan, Jersey City has many niche neighborhoods with so much to offer. Here are a few of our favorites:
Hamilton Park –
- Ahri’s Kitchen (227 7th St, Jersey City, NJ 07302) Cute and cozy little traditional Korean spot
- Hound About Town (17 McWilliams Pl, Jersey City, NJ 07302) Eclectic assortment of pet gear and foods
- Milk Sugar Love (19 McWilliams Pl, Jersey City, NJ 07302 and in the heights now too!) Small shop for organic gourmet ice cream, rotating flavors & baked treats and the sweetest staff
- Hamilton Pork (247 10th St, Jersey City, NJ 07302) Texas BBQ, smoked meats, delicious cocktails, great for larger groups
- Salon 10N (5, McWilliams Pl, Jersey City, NJ 07302) beautiful and airy salon that caters to ladies and gents with a variety of services to leave everyone feeling gorgeous and relaxed.
Paulus Hook –
- Sam am (112 Morris St.,Jersey City, NJ 07302) delectable southern-inspired locally sourced seasonal dishes focused on breakfast and lunch. Besides the amazing food and feeling totally embraced when you walk in the door, your new best friends work here and the coffee is the best in the city.
- La Cote (199 Warren St, Jersey City, NJ 07302) new to the ‘hood, this French Riviera spot has been exciting the locals with its herbaceous and delicious fare
- Satis Bistro (212 Washington St, Jersey City, NJ 07302) offers modern rustic European inspired dishes and wine
- Kanibal & Co (197 Montgomery Street) Beautiful collection of estate jewelry, local artists offerings, clothing and home goods
- Grace Nails & Spa – when you want to pamper yourself and literally get the best massage and mani/pedi’s.
The Heights –
- Corto (507 Palisade Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07307) beautiful & intimate, we love their house made pasta, open kitchen, and excellent service
- Fox & Crow (594 Palisade Ave) local upscale pub with good food and live music
- Modcup Coffee (479 Palisade Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07307) best coffee and views of Manhattan, fun staff
- Riverview Arts District: galleries, street art, local artists in the area
- Hudson Farmer’s Market (3437 John F. Kennedy Blvd, Jersey City, NJ 07307) amazing fresh veggies, apple cider donuts, fresh meats and cheeses
- Pinwheel Garden (318 Communipaw Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07304) Family owned grassroots dumpling and noodle spot with delicious fresh ingredients
- HookedJC (467 Communipaw Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07304) sustainable fresh-caught fish shack with vintage decor and amazing hushpuppies!
- The Grind (360 Communipaw Ave., Jersey City, NJ 07304) Seriously good coffee, gorgeous decor and killer branded gear. Love this coffee shop.
- SnapDragon Cafe (190 Monticello Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07304) – your new favorite coffee shop / event venue / art gallery / social club / music venue / tea house / event / performance space – whew! Also super friendly owners & staff
- Carvao BBQ (686 Bergen Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07304) – Pit BBQ, local drink spot, delicious dry-rubbed ribs and chicken, consistently delicious food.